If your company, customers, or members:
- Need safer, congestion-free roads;
- Pay federal and state taxes on fuel, vehicles or tires;
- Depend on “just-in-time” deliveries;
- Envision economic growth & opportunity through better mobility; or
- See better roads as an essential part of smart, sustainable communities
If you believe that our parents and grandparents gave us an enormous gift by expanding our sense of freedom and opportunity when they built the vehicles and highways that connected our country. And that it is time for our generation to pay it forward to our children…
If these ideas matter to the people you represent, then the American Highway Users Alliance is your ally in an important national debate over the future of transportation in the United States. Our diverse, broad membership allows us to speak on behalf of the motoring public’s interest, rather than the special interest.
Find out more about what matters to us and why you should join:
Since 1970, we’ve doubled the number of vehicles on our roads and increased miles driven 150%. Yet miles of roads have only grown a scant 6%. That means more people driving more cars more miles on about the same system of roads we had 40 years ago. The resulting traffic congestion, safety problems, and poor road conditions are a direct consequence of our failure to invest wisely.
Consequences of Failure
The Highway Trust Fund is currently insolvent; Congress has failed to authorize a new multi-year highway bill; state and federal highway budgets are being cut; and the dwindling funding left in the trust fund falls far short of the amount needed to keep America moving safely. Yet, even now there are those who remain focused on diverting what little is left of our fuel, truck and tire taxes away from roads and bridges. Above the fray, The Highway Users is the voice of reason, engaging the media and politicians with clear solutions that benefit real public and the public interest – demanding that the “trust” be put back into a well-funded and growing Highway Trust Fund.
- Safety investments and research into new affordable technologies that will reduce nearly 37,000 annual fatalities to zero.
- A re-centering of media and political debate about the value of good highways and unfettered mobility to marginalize those who cast driving and increased road capacity in a negative light.
- A transformation of our failing highways into a mobile national network of congestion-free roads with fast, reliable service that your business can count on for efficient deliveries and profitability.
- Improved rural and urban accessibility to business and leisure locations you want your shoppers, tourists, business travelers, and other commuters to reach.
- Targeted congestion relief at the nation’s worst traffic bottlenecks saving fuel, time and money, reducing emissions, and eliminating chokepoints.
- Comprehensive, national energy policies keep fuel prices stable and affordable.
- Faster construction of highway projects through streamlined governmental processes.
Join The Highway Users Today!
Membership dues are based on levels of representation within The Highway Users’ policymaking bodies. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202-857.1200.